Renewed Sales Increase: Bizerba Continues its Growth Path
Balingen, 9 May 2018
Bizerba, the market-leading supplier of weighing, slicing and labeling technology, recorded worldwide sales of 677 million euros in fiscal 2017. The revenue of the family-owned company based in Balingen (Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany) thus grew by 4 percent compared to the year before.
The revenue growth in the past fiscal year mainly originates from the other European countries. While, about 30 percent of Bizerba‘s sales are made in Germany, the remaining 70 percent are made abroad. Business sectors featuring the highest growth rates include the industry solutions, business services and labels & consumables segments with an average sales increase of approximately 7 million euros each. At the same time, the company’s workforce increased to 4,100 employees on an annual average.
“We are happy to continue the course of our previous, highly successful fiscal year in 2017 in almost all of our business segments,“ said Andreas Kraut, CEO and shareholder of Bizerba. “This confirms the fact that our product portfolio perfectly matches the requirements of the market and our customers. With product innovations including the new Pro Series scales, the BRAIN2 and Retail Office software solutions and service offerings like MyBizerba, we clearly meet the needs of the digital, connected market.”
In the last three years, Bizerba recorded an average annual sales growth of 10 percent, which could mainly be attributed to weighing, slicing and labeling solutions as the three core sectors. However, the labels & consumables, retail and industrial software sectors and the company’s various financing and service offerings played a significant role as well. Furthermore, Bizerba created a strong pillar for the eastern sales region by founding a subsidiary in Turkey.
Bizerba offers its customers in industry, trade, and logistics a globally unique solutions portfolio of hardware and software around the central value "weight". This portfolio includes products and solutions related to slicing, processing, weighing, cashing, checking, commissioning and labeling. A wide range of services from consulting and service, labels and consumables to leasing complete the portfolio.
Since 1866 Bizerba has made a significant contribution to the developments in the area of weighing technology and today is represented in 120 countries. The customer base includes globally operating companies in trade and industry as well as retailers, bakeries and butcheries. With around 4.100 employees worldwide and with its headquarters in Balingen, Baden Wuerttemberg, Bizerba has been in the same family for five generations. Additional production facilities are located in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, France, Spain, China and USA. Bizerba also has a global network of sales and service locations.