This intelligent RFID technology transmits data through radio waves - wireless and without any visual contact - and thus becomes the switching point of comprehensive company logistics
In general, RFID labels can identify any article. Particularly efficient is this system for products filling the logistics chain in large quantities. HF works in the close range – only a few centimeters, UHF in the close and far range up to several meters.
Special advantage for customers: If customers still want to use existing labels, these labels can be provided with transponders so that there is no need to create new labels for the RFID technology.
Area of Use
- Food industry
- Components and parts in the production process
- Parcels and shipments in logistics
- Transported goods (by truck or train)
- Management of numerous articles (e.g. books in libraries)
- RFID dispensing technology is possible for almost any label (sandwich) - also later for existing Bizerba labels
- with proven laminates (BRL 70, BRL 90) available
- Multiple use: most RFID labels can be re-written and used several times
Product images and technical information could deviate and may not be available in your country.
Three components are necessary for a functioning RFID technology:
- transponder or tag
- antenna as data transmitter
- read/write device as receiver/transmitter
The transponder is directly integrated in the label and works as a microelectronic circuit. It has a computer chip and is written with the Electronic Product Code (EPC), for example, which means with all data needed for the identification of a product. It is thus the most important information carrier in the RFID system.
The antenna in the form of a coil transmits the data and the reader receives the data via radio waves and saves the data in a database.
RFID technology is also used to considerably save time during stock taking and even misplaced products can be localized and returned to their intended location. RFID labels protect against theft. If the product code is not released by the cash register, an alarm signal is triggered via the transponder contact. This provides security.
The RFID transponders can be dispensed under all common labels and material qualities – the relevant frequencies and technical requirements to be complied with are met by using a suitable transponder: in general, all marketable products can be processed.
- Brochure Bizerba Label Solutions (PDF; 9 MB)
Do you need more information or would you like to request a quote?
We look forward to your request.